I mean, the name says it all. If I must dive further though, I will. A tasty marinade serves as both a stepping stone for the meat as well as a salsa. I love getting two options out of one thing. Kind of like this dress that my friend Catherine is insisting I buy…what do you think? Skirt…dress? Hmmm.
Anyway, back to the tacos. The smokey, spicy, grilled flavor of the meat topped with cool pico de gallo rocked. There is just nothing else that needs to be said so I’m going to head on over to Gap to look over my shopping cart.
Get these going – asap.
- - 1.3 cup canned chilies in adobo sauce
- - 1 large white onion, half minced half coarsely chopped
- - 1 1/4 cups freshly chopped cilantro
- - juice of 1 lime
- - 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- - kosher salt
- - olive oil
- - 12 corn tortillas
- - plum tomato, optional
- - avocado, optional
- In a food processor (or blender) puree the chilies, coarsely chopped onions, lime juice, and 1 cup of cilantro. For the salsa, transfer 1/2 cup of the puree to a small bowl and mix with 2 TBS water. Season with salt and set aside.
- Coat the pork tenderloin with the remaining puree. Prepare your grill to medium high heat. Make sure the tenderloin is brought to room temp.
- Season the pork with salt and rub on some olive oil and grill for roughly 15 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 130 degrees. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the tortillas for a minute or two per side. In another small bowl, mix the finely chopped onions and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. At this point, I added chopped tomato as well to form a pico de gallo. Also sliced up some avocado.
- Thinly slice the pork and transfer to a serving platter – make sure to include all those carving juices! Serve with the warm tortillas, salsa, and cilantro-onion mixture.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017