Oh Fall can be so delicious, don’t you think so?
Crisp apples show off at the stores begging to be enjoyed on their own or baked into something amazing. Like this Monkey Bread Apple pie, for instance.
What a killer way to, ahem, short cut things. Does homemade dough stress you out? This pie uses store bought biscuits, which is just genius. Cut them up and layer with apples, sugar, cinnamon, and of course – butter – and you’ve got yourself yourself quite the impressive pie dish that even the most novice of bakers can conquer.
Try it today, makes a killer after school surprise snack and the best part? Leftovers for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 large apples (granny smith work great) peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup plus 1 TBS sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 packages store bought refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 inch pie dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet and saute the apples along with 1 TBS sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and cook until tender, roughly 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in the same skillet.
- In a bowl combine remaining sugar, cinnamon, and pecans and mix well. Separate biscuits and cut each one into thirds and then in halves. Dip each piece in butter then roll in the sugar mixture and place in pie dish in a single layer. Layer with some apples. Repeat this fully three times.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture and butter. Bake for 30 minutes, best if served warm.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I will gobble up anything made with cinnamon. This sounds so yummy!
Tia G. recently posted…Halloween Recap