With the entertaining season right around the corner (yippe!) I thought it was time to introduce our new favorite dip. This one has so much goodness packed into it. It’s precisely what your pita chip has been missing.
In charge of an app for an upcoming get together? Bring this. Having friends over? Set this out on your kitchen counter. Grilling up some meat? This goes next to it perfectly right on the patio. It’s the dip that works for every occasion and there’s bound to be something for everyone jam packed into it. Crunchy and refreshing cucumbers, sun dried tomatoes, olives, a hint of jalapeno, basil, chives, red pepper flakes, all swirled together with feta, honey, and a bit of creamy cream cheese. Oh my.
Like most Mediterranean dishes, it’s heavenly. Like, eat the whole bowl heavenly. So whip it up soon, grab some friends, and a bottle of chilled rosé , and…..dig in. Cheers to summer being close!
- 8-10 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cucumber, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn up
- 1½ tbsp chopped chives
- Place the feta, cream cheese, 1 tbsp olive oil and the honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine until creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients, 2 tbsp olive oil and gently mix together.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with pita chips. Enjoy!
- This tastes even better chilled, so, I like to make ahead of time and let settle in the fridge for a bit.