The flavors in this dish are a total knock out. Think fresh herbs, summery tomatoes, chunks of onion, good sausages, white beans, and parmesan crusted (gluten free) panko bread crumbs sprinkled on top to seal the deal. Serious comfort food which, if you’re anything like me, you haven’t exactly been making lately.
Yet it was nice to give the overused grill a break for one dreary night and in between driving the boys back and forth to town four times a day in construction (why, WHY) the comfort was just a tiny bit needed. Well that, and a glass of pinot noir. Which just happened to go too perfectly.
A perfect easy one tray family recipe just in time for back to school. This one will be in serious rotation around here.
- 2.5 lbs sausages (I used chicken stuffed with feta and spinach)
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
- 3 whole fresh bay leaves
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 3 cans cannellini beans, partially drained
- large handful of panko bread crumbs
- handful of parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Throw everything (not the beans!) up until the olive oil in one large tray. Sprinkle olive on top and shake things up a bit. Put in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove tray and add the beans (I partially drained and rinsed them). Mix together your parmesan and bread crumbs with a few drizzles of olive oil. Pour bread crumb mixture over the top and put back into the oven for 15 more minutes. I popped the broiler on at the end to get things nice and browned. Enjoy!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017
- Chicken Brunswick Stew - December 12, 2017