When going from 80 degrees to 15 degrees, it’s important to keep things applicable so you aren’t jolted into a state of shock.
Thick sweater? Cozy socks? A fire? Glass of Pinot?
Check, check, check, check.
All that’s missing is this wintery sausage stew complete with garlic, wilted spinach, and cannelloni beans to thicken it up perfectly for pita bread dunking.
Smoked paprika sprinkled over it all sends it over the top and for just a brief moment, an oh so brief moment, you’ll be blissfully happy amongst the 15 degrees.
Who am I kidding? Get me back to fish tacos and Sauvignon blanc!
- Italian sausage with evoo.
- Sliced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans drained cannelloni beans
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Splash of white wine
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh spinach
- Smoked paprika
- Cook up some Italian sausage with evoo.
- Sauté one sliced onion in 1 TBS evoo and 1 TBS butter.
- Add in 4 cloves minced garlic after 8 min.
- Pour in 2 cans drained cannelloni beans, 2 cups chicken stock, splash of white wine, simply bc you are drinking some.
- Smash up some beans to thicken the sauce. Season generously with salt & pepper.
- Add in a few handfuls of fresh spinach and your sausage.
- Serve in deep bowls sprinkled with evoo and smoked paprika.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017