I asked my faithful Facebook fans the other night whether or not they wanted to hear about a killer Philly cheesesteak recipe or a killer skillet gnocchi recipe next. It was a close call, but skillet gnocchi won. So, let’s do this.
The thing I love most about this recipe is how incredibly versatile it is. Don’t love red peppers? Skip ’em! Add zucchini or eggplant instead. Love mushrooms? Double up! Need some protein in your life? Add some crumbled italian sausage. Swirl in some pesto at the end. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes (or more, if you’re like me). The opportunities are endless to put your own twist on it.
What are you waiting for? Make it this weekend!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1/2 jar sundried tomatoes
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 portabello mushrooms
- 1 large package of gnocchi
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1. boil a large pot of water. read gnocchi package for water amounts and gnocchi cooking instructions.
- 2. in a pan heat oil, add diced onions. sautee until lightly browned. add chopped mushrooms, basil, salt and other chopped veggies, except the spinach.
- 3. add sundried tomatoes.
- 4. stir gently, ensuring the vegetables are evenly cooking.
- 5. once your gnocchi has boiled, drain water from pot and add pasta to your skillet. continue stirring gently. you want the gnocchi to absorb the flavors of the vegetables and be coated in the olive oil.
- 6. add spinach. keep stirring. remove from heat.
- 7. serve in a plate or bowl and top with fresh ground pepper and parmesan cheese
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Thanks for this! We love gnocchi and especially the pan-seared style!
Carrie @ Season It Already! recently posted…Fun for Friday: Link Potch-a-pourri
I heart sun dried tomatoes and pesto in anything so this would be a hit!
Do you think I should serve them with sparkly potatoes? 😉
Tia @ HoPo recently posted…The day Bayou decked a goose
Thank you so much for this tasty recipe- my husband and I loved it and our guest (my mom) pleaded for the recipe afterwards. I try to limit carbs, so before adding the gnocchi, I put the veggies on top of spaghetti squash. Fabulous both ways!
Yea!! I’m so glad it was a hit all around!