Hi pretty friends and happy Friday!
I wanted to start a new series on here, My Seasonal Staples. The more I’m learning about this whole wardrobe, closet organization, mom uniform thing is that when it boils down to it, you generally choose your basics over and over again. The pieces that are so easy you don’t even have to think about it. That you know fit you great and that you know look good on you. I love pieces like that. And while everyone’s will be different for their own body and needs, these are my go to pieces for Spring 2018. You will see me in them repeatedly (I apologize in advance). Be sure to follow along on my Instagram today, as I will be showing you how some of these fit in ‘real life!’
- The first is a graphic tee. These are just such a fun spin on the normal jean and plain tee combo. I love the ones from J Crew. Old Navy also has some fun ones as well! Give it a little half tuck into your denim and you are good to go.
- For spring, I always like to own a few cotton longer dresses in hopes that the weather, at some point, will allow me to wear them. The longer length helps keep you a tad warmer and it’s so easy to just throw a jean jacket on if needed. This one from Old Navy is SO FLATTERING you guys. The halter cut is awesome and highlights your shoulders and arms. Not to mention it’s beyond comfortable and a great length – not too long and not too short. Also a great travel piece.
- Life. Changing. Jacket. Do you own a define jacket from Lululemon? They are unreal my friends, UNREAL. Worth every single penny. I could own one in every color and am really eyeing the light pink for spring. Not sure I’m going to pull the trigger since I already own two! A tip with this one, size up. Trust me.
- A striped tee is a must and the tie in front is SO in right now. Not to mention very flattering. I can’t tell you how it changes the look of an outfit. (My Instagram story today will walk through this!)
- It’s not spring without a lighter denim, and the hem let down detail is spot on. Paired with the knotted tee and some flats and you are good to go. With the let down hem and other trendier types of jeans, I try and find a ‘cheaper’ pair that works since. J Crew Outlet has a great option, and Old Navy as well.
- A classic striped rugby polo. Love it, J Crew. They brought this one back from the past. I can almost hear the 90’s rock in my old gold Saturn…..
- An updated accessory is almost a must. I love these gold drop beaded earrings as they are small enough to wear with your jeans and tee combo but elevate the outfit just a tiny bit.
- And last but not least, I’m obsessed obsessed with these penny loafers. I want them in every color but am trying to control myself. I went with the classic saddle color thinking they would go with the most outfits. They are darling and work so well with cropped jeans and pants.
What do you think – anything stand out?
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I have a similar “work uniform.” It’s not overly exciting by any means, but I know all the pieces are perfect for me and look well, and anything that requires me to think less about the little stuff like getting dressed is perfection in my book! Great tips!
Tia @ Forever Orchard recently posted…A Life to Impress Me