The first time I had this roasted shrimp recipe was at my dear friend Catherine’s house. It’s straight from Ina’s Make it Ahead book and it could not be more perfect. With minimal fresh ingredients that come together in a snap, it’s a dead-on easy way to feed (and amaze) your friends. It’s totally got that whole sneaky impressive recipe thing going on. Like, it’s waaaaaay more delicious and beautiful than the effort put in.
Oh, and may I just add that the garlic rosemary butter it produces is absolutely heavenly for dipping. Serve large chunks of bread on the side with a simple green salad tossed with this dressing. And let’s not forget the drinks – an ice cold extra buttery chardonnay goes beautifully.
You just nailed it.
- 1 stick of Butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Garlic, minced, about 6 cloves
- 2 teaspoons of fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Lemons, large
- 2 lbs. of Shrimp, large, peeled with tail left on
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Next, melt the butter low medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. When the butter has melted, add the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, red pepper, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and zest one of the lemons directly into the mixture.
- Now, arrange the shrimp into a ovenproof baking dish, making sure only the tails overlap. Pour the butter mixture over the shrimp evenly. Sprinkle with the sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Cut the zested lemon into slices and arrange them under the shrimp.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes until the shrimp are finished. They should not be opaque and firm. Cut the remaining lemon in half and squeeze over the shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
- The recipe above is for eating immediately. If you want to make them ahead, follow the recipe until the roasting, cover the dish and refrigerate until ready, roast right before serving.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
So glad you enjoyed it! Hoping to make for cathy over the 4th of July, coming from you I feel it’s the golden seal of approval!!
Um, pretty sure you had me at a stick of butter!
Ignore the shitty photos in this post, but this is my go to shrimp cocktail recipe – it works for cheap shrimp (41-50 count) as well as the good stuff (8-10 count).
Biz recently posted…I Puffy Heart Danskin Clothes
I love shrimp and this dish looks delicious! This is a great recipe! I would love for you to share this at my party Making Memories Mondays going on now! Hope to see you there!
This looks delicious and a perfect dish for summer! I have recently started hosting a new link party with Refresh Living and Pocketful of Posies and we would love to have you come link some of your awesome posts with us. The party starts every Tuesday at 7pm CST. Thanks!
This looks delicious. What a perfect meal to sit on the patio and enjoy a nice dinner with a glass of wine. Seems perfect!
Carlee @cookingwithcarlee recently posted…White Texas Sheet Cake – A Guest Post by MiMi
Sooo delicious-looking! Will be making it very soon, I’m sure! Thanks for sharing!
Jenn @ EngineerMommy recently posted…DIY Washi Tape & Pom Pom Bracelets
Pinned! Thanks for sharing on DIY Dreamer
I normally don’t like shrimp but this looks yummy. Thanks for linking up at the #HomeMattersParty this week. Hope you will come back and link up again this weekend.
Melissa Vera recently posted…The Amwell Doctor Will See You
Perfect for summer! Thank you for sharing at the #homematters linky party this week. I hope you will be back this week to share again! Rhonda
Rhonda recently posted…31 Days of My Home Renovation, Day 24
LOVE shrimp, and have been making the same recipe with it forever. Excited to finally try something new!
This looks amazing – I’m sure my husband would love it. Pinning it to try for dinner one nigh! 🙂
Jamie recently posted…Things That Bring Back Memories “CCR – Lookin’ Out My Back Door” #MondayMemories
I adore shrimp more than pretty much any other food. This looks so good I want to smell and lick my screen!!!
Visiting from Crafty and Delicious Daily!
Anna Hettick recently posted…Deviled Eggs with Bacon & Jalapeños
This recipe sounds so delicious. Thank you for sharing with the Living with Style Linky Party.
Pam @ The Birch Cottage recently posted…Independence Day