So, we started with ‘Sunday Morning Muffins’ and since then I’ve been working on perfecting their successor for quite some time. M always requests chocolate chip muffins and I just kept pushing the blueberry muffins or the banana crunch muffins. I had perfect recipes for those and in my mind they were just a better choice for breakfast.
But then you have those mornings when a chocolate chip muffin is exactly what is needed. They typically fall on a Monday, I’ve noticed. I like to think of myself as a very effective person but today at work it literally took me almost 3 hours to order carpet. And water. And I was working on it hard the whole time! No joke.
Soooo…times like these call for a muffin that hey, probably isn’t exactly best for the waistline but you’re so cranky that’s the last thing on your mind. Refrain from making these a Tuesday – Sunday muffin routine as well and you’ll be just fine. And a bit happier.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- Preheat over to 375. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin cup papers.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugars, powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt). Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, add in butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, you don't want tough muffins.
- Fill cups 2/3 of the way fill and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Let’s hope, for my company’s sake, that tomorrow morning is a bit more productive.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I love chocolate for breakfast! 😀
Craving these right now, might have to be my Saturday night snack muffin.