Remember a few days ago when I had my newborn brain moment? Well, I promised when I actually was able to remember to buy everything needed to make the yummy fall recipe that I would check back in. Shockingly, I remembered to do that now.
We dined on roasted sausages, potatoes, apples, and onions last night and it was delicious. Great for all those fall apples! This dinner comes together incredibly easily – it’s great for nights when you really have no energy left to follow directions in a recipe. You chop stuff up, throw it in a dish, roast away, and enjoy the smell while you sip on something to take the edge of your day. B has been hitting the 7 week growth spurt hardcore so my mommy medicine of choice has shifted from wine to any icy vodka tonic. Just one, of course. That’s really all that is needed.
- 4 sweet Italian sausages (I used chicken for me)
- 3 cups whole small potatoes (I used yukon gold, cut up)
- 1 onion, chopping into large chunks
- olive oil
- 4 springs of fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 TBS cider vinegar
- spicy brown or dijon mustard, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine your potatoes and onion in a large baking dish and toss with 1 TBS olive oil, your thyme leaves, salt & pepper.
- Place the italian sausage on top of the vegetables and bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until the sausage is brown on top. Flip over the sausage and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up your apples (unpeeled) and toss with a little more olive oil, salt, and pepper. Scatter the apples around the sausage, drizzle the cider vinegar over the whole dish, and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve with dollops of mustard, should you choose.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Making the sausage dinner on Saturday night for guests. Next time try an icy vodka martini!