I’ve learned a lot about the challenging role of being a stay at home mom over the past few months. One thing I had never really considered is how hard it is to actually sit and consume a meal. Most of the time I’m shoving some sort of bar in my mouth as I feed B and walk L out to the bus in the bitter cold.
We have a pretty good breakfast routine going in the house. B wakes up all ‘FEED ME FEED ME FEED MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!’ so he goes first. L couldn’t care less if he eats until noon so after B is full down on the floor he goes to ‘wrestle’ with L so I can eat my breakfast. If L gets bored I then pay him a $1 to carry on. Don’t judge. I am not a nice person before my coffee.
Lunch is the tricky one and that is when I resort to shoving pretty much anything in my mouth that slides out of the cabinet. Lately we’ve had these stocked in the house for M and oh dear Lord are they good. Before I realize it the bag I bought for M quickly became the bag I bought for C. Not good.
I decided to make myself a healthy snack to grab instead. What is healthier than kale? Not much right now according to every source of media. It is the in superfood and it truly does pack a punch.
I wouldn’t say they rival the beer chips but they are simple, delicious, and most importantly healthy. We all know mom can never get sick, right?
- 1 large bunch of kale
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- cajun seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove stems from one large bunch of kale and tear into large chunks. Make sure your kale is as dry as possible.
- Spread out on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss together and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- You can play around with this. I added some cajun seasoning for a bit of a kick.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Hi Courtney, Just found your site from your comment at DALS. I’ve been looking through your posts for about 5 minutes and have already bookmarked 3 of your recipes! Can’t wait to try some of them.
Welcome Debbie! I’m so glad you found some recipes you like, I really hope you enjoy them!
I like the bar at noon…oh wait, different bar