I knew summer wasn’t gone. Even though the acorns are falling and the busses are whirling by and the school supplies are fresh and we flirted with 50 degrees, summer just can’t be over yet.
And now we have a week of high 80’s and 90’s. Hallelujah. Back into my fav striped dress, pouring the icy cold sauvignon blanc, and lighting up the grill.
An entire meal that can be made on the grill, to be precise. This chicken is insane with flavor. Think smoky paprika, red onion, fresh lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, a touch of nutmeg. It hangs out marinating all day until its ready to plop on the grill next to some grilled peppers and of course, naan.
Please don’t leave us, summer. Ever.
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground green cardamom
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium size red onion, sliced
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, spices and 3 tbsp olive oil. Pat the chicken thighs dry and rub each with the garlic-spice mixture.
- Place the spiced chicken thighs in a large tray on a bed of sliced red onions with lemon juice and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, heat a gas grill to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs on the grill. Cover for 5-6 minutes, then turn the chicken over and grill for another 5-6 minutes covered.
Serve with this awesome dill sauce, grilled peppers, and grilled naan bread! (Grab some from Trader Joes.)