It feels like we were bombarded with summer all at once this past weekend. And like a typical summer weekend, I got absolutely nothing done around the house as I spent a majority of my time outdoors, especially at the pool. I forgot how lazily unproductive my weekends can be when the weather turns warm. Oh well…come on, like I’m going to miss moments like these?
One thing I wasn’t lazy about was getting Sunday dinner on the table. Grilled cheddar brats along the side of this killer pasta dish. It’s a recipe that simply begs to be served in the summer sun. You prep the sauce in the morning, leave it on the counter all day to get extra tasty, toss with some fresh pasta in the evening and voila! You have yourself summer in a bowl.
Bonuses this recipe has to offer: 1. It makes a ton and tastes great served warm that night or cold over the next few days. 2. Like the bruschetta recipe, it will taste better as the summer goes on and the tomatoes and basil get fresher and fresher and lastly 3. It sits along the side beautifully of practically any grilled meat dish. Chicken? Steak? Cheddar brats? Why not – they all work.
So get your chopping on in the early am, throw it all in a big pasta bowl, and head out to t-ball, golf, pool…wherever summer takes you. It will be ready when you are.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 18 large basil leaves, julienned, plus more for serving
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lbs dried angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients aside from the pasta and cheese in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- When you're ready to serve, cook the pasta to al dente (only 2-3 minutes). Drain the pasta well and toss in the large bowl with the tomato sauce. Add the cheese and some extra basil leave and give it another light toss.
- Serve outside, preferably.
And yes. That is a hot dog DOUGHNUT L is eating.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Great recipe! The donut hotdog is so cute!
I think this pasta salad is better than your typical “go to”, but maybe that’s because it’s a warm dish.
Great game. The having to make yourself online thing still is painful though. My ip went down if however you hours to work on it that is the only bad thing about it right now for me. You have to since the game alot to act multiple times through by all means. You can still make a life and play it for a few hours a week.