It was something about it being a Monday after a jam packed weekend that only a double chocolate chip cookie could provide that extra jolt needed to get through the day. I’m in love with my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe, but somedays you just need to double up on the chocolate. Am I right?
I loved this double chocolate chip cookies recipe because it is so similar to my usual one so it feels comfortable when I’m baking away. Things need to be simple, especially when there is a toddler trying to climb your leg.
In less than 24 hours we were down to only four of these left, no joke. And they are calling my name again as I write this…
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy - roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- You can line with parchment paper, should you choose.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I think Mark developed Diabeetus last night with all the cookies he wolfed down….geez.
Tia @ Gilded TBags recently posted…Trials and Tribulations of living in a New Old House
Ah these look amazing! Cookies are definitly necessary on Mondays! I’m currently searching for a dairy free-egg free recipe for a friend but these look so much yummier.
Christine recently posted…Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
You can never go wrong with double chocolate!! I loved the picture of B with the baby cart at Trader Joe’s on facebook – so cute!!
Biz recently posted…Sriracha Honey Mustard Sauce = Amazeballs
No idea how you stay so skinny, must be running after those beautiful boys of yours! These sound amazing , maybe even my poor baking skills can muster something resembling these soon!! Xx
Karen recently posted…M is for Monday
You should do a vote for double chocolate vs. chocolate chip – a bake off!
You should do a vote for double chocolate vs. chocolate chip – or a bake off!
I have been waiting for this recipe! These are so yummy, thank you for sharing will be on my list for this weekend.