…and I’m not talking about a really good glass of pinot noir.
I literally just whipped up this dinner in 20 minutes flat. And I took the photograph and began writing this before even finishing my (large) hearty bowl. It’s THAT good that I had to share – ASAP!
Every once in a while a new recipe comes along that as I’m cooking it I’m thinking ‘this is going to be a ‘make again’ (as my mom says). This fell into that category immediately upon just reading the ingredients. Every single item going in I love and every single item going in is good for you. So you can eat bowls and bowls without a care in the world.
Another great feature of this recipe? It tastes like it has been bubbling away all day. So, whip it up for a casual dinner and leave it simmering on the stove. Your guests will have no idea that in less time it takes you to dry your hair you put together a rockstar dinner. Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping and you’re good as gold.
- couple glugs of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- few sprinkles of red pepper flakes
- 2 large links of Italian chicken sausage, casings removed
- 1 32 ounce box of chicken stock
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- hearty splash of white wine
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- large bunch of kale, roughly chopped
- Preheat the olive oil in a dutch oven to medium high heat.
- Saute onion until tender. Add in garlic, salt & pepper, red pepper flakes, and mix together for a minute or two. Throw in the sausage and crumble with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned. Add in the stock, tomatoes, white wine, beans, and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer and add the kale for a few minutes to wilt.
- Serve topped with freshly shaved parmesan and warm crusty bread.
Time for a second bowl!