Something happened the other night – something that made me oh so happy. One of my sons gobbled up two bowls of my homemade beef stew(!!!) No, it wasn’t my 7 year old. He was crying at the table because I suggested he try a carrot – no joke. It was my chubby 15 month old. He kept saying a spattering of ‘yuuuuummmmm mmmmm hmmmmm’ which all means ‘more please.’ Music to my ears.
That gave us a 75% positive rating on this recipe from my family as M and I also loved it. Combine that with the fact that it was so easy to throw together, made the house smell incredible all day, and my bebe ate it? Well that’s a win all around.
Now we just have to get L on board. With something….!
- 1 3-4 pound chuck roast, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- salt & pepper
- bay leaf
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced into 1-inch slices
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups beef stock
- splash of red wine
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 cup peas
- Spray insert of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except for the peas.
- Season generously with salt & pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove 1 cup of the cooking liquid and heat on the stove over high heat.
- Slowly whisk is the flour until smooth.
- Pour back into the crop pot, add the peas, and cook another 15 minutes or so. (This helps thicken your sauce!)
B wants to know – what do you think?
P.S. Locals – Heinens meat on this? To die for. Stayed so incredibly tender. Give the butcher a smile and ask him to cut it up for you – makes it so much easier!
P.S.S. I’ve been getting some awesome entries to my cookie recipe contest – thank you! Last day to enter is Wednesday, so be sure to email me now…! An adorable apron and a $25 Williams Sonoma gift card could be yours if you win. Ho ho ho!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I’m not a huge (ok, at all) beef person but I bet this would be great with pork too. Looks super comforting! And that endorsement from B is hard to ignore!
Christine recently posted…Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
I still need to check out that Heinen’s store!! I never think of it!
PS- I will be attempting company sauce this weekend. It looks easy enough to complete while nursing a hangover!
Tia @ Gilded TBags recently posted…Shoveling and Squatting
Heinens is awesome – and I hope you enjoy the sauce, it’s very easy!
Don’t you absolutely love when one of (or even both!) of your kids love dinner?! Happy Thanksgiving.
Carlinne @Cook with 2 Chicks recently posted…White Wine Cocktail