To be honest, when I read through this recipe I thought – ‘huh, really?’
For some reason in my mind pesto and brussels sprouts just didn’t really, well, go. But what do I know? Sometimes things may go together you wouldn’t normally expect. Like Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon or grown men in skinny jeans.
Give this recipe a chance. A huge chance because it is utterly delicious. With a little prep work, it came together quickly and was quite healthy so I had no hesitation when it was time to dish up a second bowl. I love recipes like that.
- 1 lbs fresh brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and sliced in half
- 3 TBS olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 lbs bow tie pasta, we used whole grain
- 4 chicken sausage links (we used Italian flavored) sliced into 1/4" coins
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup pesto
- parmesan cheese
- pine nuts
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Toss the brussels sprouts with 2 TBS oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until are lightly browned on the outside and cooked on the inside.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook the sausage, turning occasionally until nearly browned. Add in the garlic and cook an additional minute or two until the sausage is cooked through.
- Time to toss! Mix pasta, water, sausage & garlic, pesto and a handful of parmesan together. Top with additional cheese and the pine nuts. Serve warm in deep bowls.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Mariah & Nick?!? Although I thought she’d be more of a diva, spot-on analogy!