Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/43/d354302869/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/recipe-card-master/yumprint-recipe.php on line 610
At last. Beckett has consumed something green.
Look, we try around here. Both boys happily ate greens in the form of those amazing pouches every baby loves. But then they grew up a bit and formed a (strong) opinion by the age of oh, 18 months, and greens were much harder to get down them.
Did it bother me? Of course. We as moms are told over and over again how important it is to establish positive eating habits while young otherwise, I don’t know, your kid will be obese for life.
Yet at some point I just had to let go a bit. Stop forcing something that wasn’t working. And you know what? Logan grew out of it. He is now happily eating most raw vegetables (even green ones!) for lunch, snacks, and with dinner. (This happened around age 9 if anyone is anxiously awaiting for this).
B on the other hand, well, let’s just say he eats a lot of fruit. Just going with it for now. He’s healthy and thriving and someday he will eat greens but until then I am sticking them into these delicious zucchini chocolate chip muffins.
Because they are simple. Pretty wholesome. And there is no arguing about eating them. Easy snacking at it’s finest and you can feel just a little bit better about things with that shredded zucchini on the ingredient list.
Big win for mama.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin cups, or line with mini liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl; stir into dry ingredients until batter is formed. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned on top, roughly 12 minutes.