Guacamole is one of those recipes that everyone has their own version of. I grew up in a home that puts MAYO in their guacamole…I know. And my mom is a wonderful cook. The visions I have of it being made though is by my dad. Perhaps it is a Russian thing? I actually googled ‘is it Russian to put mayo in guacamole?’ I got some unclear answers and didn’t have the time to devote to true research so I move on…
I’m a firm believer in three things when it comes to guacamole. 1. Use the freshest ingredients possible. 2. Keep it chunky – it should have good texture. and 3. Always have those ingredients on hand in the summer. They should be staples in your home during the warmer months. Like a chilled, crisp, white wine. You never know who is going to just pop by.
So here is my take on guacamole (no mayo). I could eat this every day in the summer – Samantha style from Sex & the City. If you’ve seen the movie you’ll know what I’m talking about. Yum.
What’s your take on guacamole? I’d love to hear!
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- dash of hot sauce
- sea salt & pepper
- handful of freshly chopped cilantro
- handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- Very lightly (barely) mash the avocados with a fork. Add in lime juice, zest, red onion, hot sauce, sea salt, pepper, and cilantro and very lightly mix together. Stir in the tomatoes.
- Serve with Donkey Chips - the best tortilla chips ever! I'm hooked.
Now it’s a party.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017