I feel like I’ve come to a place in my life where I can properly maintain and manage an organized purse. With the baby years behind me gone are the days where the very inner workings of my purse could actually be considered shameful. Dried milk, used wipes, crushed up goldfish, diapers for days. We’ve all been there, man. And no matter how many times you cleaned it or tried to organize it, two outings later you were back to actually being sort of scared to open it.
Yet now with B fully potty trained (HALLELUJAH!) I am feeling all refreshed and grown up about my bag. And get this – I am actually able to keep it clean and organized. There is hope, I promise. So without further ado I’m giving you my top essentials including my little ‘mom’ kit that has come in handy countless of times for my kids as well as others.
Alright, the essentials: fruit leathers for the occasional preschooler’s meltdown, Honest Company hand sanitizer spray, C.O. Bigelow night lip balm, my wallet, gum, and my go to sunglasses: ray ban aviators. And of course, a cracked iphone (yes, I have a glitter case) and my car keys. All these items are used countless of times throughout the day and are stored for easy access.
And now, for my little mom kit. I can not tell you how many times these items have come to aid of my own kids as well as other kids. If you like to be the mom that is prepared, this is for you. For me, this kit was born out of necessity. To start, my toddler hurt himself about every 13 minutes, so, there was that. We also find during the spring, summer, and fall, months that we spend a lot of time outdoors so many of these items saved the day depending on the environment we were in. Without further ado, here are my mom kit essentials. Many can be found in the travel section at Target and then just replenish as necessary with your larger quantities at home.
- Wipes: because carts, airplanes, strollers, sticky hands, dirty bleachers, etc.
- Kleenex: because the endless toddler nose drip. Also, once M sneezed hard and asked me if I had a tissue. He looked at me like I was a super hero when I said yes. I know, I’m so organized!
- Band aids: because toddlers.
- Tampons: ahem.
- Tide to go: because toddlers.
- Aveda hand relief: because it just feels fancy.
- Hair tie: this is one of my most restocked items! I can’t tell you how many little girls I’m around that ask for a hair tie.
- Neosporian: because toddlers.
- Advil: because toddlers. And husbands.
- Cough drops: for that movie or concert or service you’re in and you just. can’t. stop. coughing.
- Sunscreen: for those baseball games when you didn’t really think it was all that hot and sunny and then it is.
- Tweezers: because my boys like to play in the woods with sticks and that equals splinters.
- Nail clippers: good to have
- Benadryl cream: for mosquito bites, bee stings, and random itchiness. This stuff rocks.
- A pen: for all those times you drive to the ATM and you forgot to sign the back of the check.
I realize it seems like a lot, but these are all very small items that fit perfectly in a little zipper pouch and then into your big bag. I love my clear one so you can see what you are looking for but sadly Thirty-One no longer makes them. Any zippered pouch would work well though! If you’d like to get all fancy about it, this one surely does the trick. And wow how pretty.
To the moms still hauling diapers and wipes and cheerios and milk on the go I promise you it gets a bit easier to stay clean, and organized! I hope you found a few tips or two no matter what the age of your children are. They always keep us on our toes, don’t they?