If you’re anything like me, you get out of all the work that is Thanksgiving year after year. We rotate between families and all I’ve got to do each year is bake a few treats or put together a salad and show up. When my work is so minimal compared to others, I know I’ve got to go all out.
Take this Thanksgiving Salad.
It’s got the colors and flavors of fall. It’s rich (think marcarno almonds). It’s healthy (arugula and carrots). It’s creamy (goat cheese). It’s chewy (dried cherries). Basically, it’s got it all going on and is the perfect thing to pile high on your plate next to all the turkey goodness.
Make for Thanksgiving, make it for dinner with friends, make it for yourself tonight. It’s a treat on any occasion.
- 2 lbs carrots, I used multi colored
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup good maple syrup
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 TBS sherry wine vinegar (I used champagne as I did not have on hand)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- goat cheese
- marcona almonds (YUM!)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the carrots into 1-2 inch chunks on the diagonal. Toss with some olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. (I tossed them about midway through).
- Remove the carrots, add the maple syrup, toss around and put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until nice and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, combine the cherries and OJ in a small sauce pan, bring to a simmer, then set aside for 10 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- For your dressing, combine the vinegar, garlic, and 1/2 tsp salt. Whisk in 3 TBS olive oil.
- Place arugula in a bowl or platter and add in your cherries (with liquid), carrots, almonds, and goat cheese. Gently toss everything together, sprinkle with sea salt, and serve!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I just tried marcona almonds for the first time at work about a month ago – holy balls, where have these been all my life?! I think I am adding this to my Thanksgiving menu! 😀
Biz recently posted…The Best Pizza Dough
RIGHT? They are so addicting – in a very dangerous way!