Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/43/d354302869/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/recipe-card-master/yumprint-recipe.php on line 610
That’s this dish. Stuffed green pepper soup. It isn’t the prettiest of recipes, yet it sure does the trick. And with a few twists I upped the health factor just a bit. Organic lean ground beef, loads of chopped peppers, San Marzano tomatoes, and brown rice.
Ok, ok, when you still break it down it’s still a red meat soup topped with an excessive amount of cheese. And sometimes that’s just A-ok.
- 1 lbs ground beef (I used grass fed organic)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes (I used San Marzano)
- 1 14 ounce can tomato soup (I used Amy's Organics)
- 1-2 cups chicken stock, depending on the consistency you want
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice)
- 2 tsp garlic powder or garlic salt, either works
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- a good amount of salt & pepper
- TBS or so of fresh oregano, minced
- Top with shredded cheddar and saltine crackers
- In a large Dutch over cook the meat with all the veggies. Near the end add in the garlic.
- Drain, to get ready of any excess grease.
- Return to the pot and pour in your tomatoes, stock and soup. Add the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- In go your seasonings, stir again. Cover pot and simmer on low for 30 minutes or so.
- Be sure to taste again at this point, you may need more seasonings. Otherwise top with cheese, crackers, and you're good to go!