So lovely, so sweet, so perfect for a little spring treat on a sunny day. Lemonade on the side.
I first made these for an Easter dessert and they were gobbled up quicker than you can say ‘hop to it.’ Bonus that they were super easy to bake and they involve marshmallows (or marshmellons as B calls them) which seem to just makes everyone generally happy all around.
These would be perfect around a bonfire, for a teacher luncheon, for a post bus snack…really any scenario works.
Now that the sunshine is finally, finally, here let’s celebrate! Get these spring confetti bars going for something special today. Even if it’s just yourself. <3
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Spring M&M's
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles (use whatever color you'd like!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the room temperature butter with the white and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugars together until creamy and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir together and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in one cup of the white chocolate chips. Press the cookie dough into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake the cookie dough for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove and immediately top with the miniature marshmallows and M&M's. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows become puffy and slightly toasty.
- Remove and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and sprinkles over the bars.
- Let cool completely and then cut with a wet knife. (Helps make everything less sticky).