Bowl of health, anyone?
Look the holidays are….the holidays. Full of merriment and with that comes drinks galore (ahem), calorie ridden meal after meal, late nights, lack of exercise and so on and so forth.
Yes, shall we say December isn’t exactly the healthiest of months.
Then there are the germs. Not sure if your family was hit but mine was hit….hard. And as much as I tried to avoid it all with drinking gallons of water and daily green smoothies and bowls of chicken noodle soup it’s sort of inevitable when your sick kid practically sneezes in your mouth.
So there you go. Mom down.
Let’s all recover a bit from December, shall we? A great place to start is with these super healthy super fit spicy poke bowls. The best part is they are completely custom and oh so easy to throw together. I grabbed most of the ingredients already prepped in the salad bar at my local store. Then you get the freshest fish possible, whip up the delicious marinade, and well look at you. You are so headed in the right direction for January.
High fives all around!
- 1 lbs Tuna or Salmon cut into cubes (go with whatever your fish monger recommends is freshest)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium, or tamari
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or chili paste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt or light mayonnaise
- Cubbed avocado
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Brown rice
- Sesame seeds
- Whisk together marinade ingredients and pour of fish to marinade for a few minutes.
- Prep bowl as shown, add in the marinaded fish and top with spicy sauce should you choose.