Stupid easy. That’s what I’m calling this one.
Somedays you just need stupid easy dinners. You know those days. Your to do list is endless and somehow everything is taking way. longer. than. it. should. That’s when dinner needs to be far from stressful. One that you can make in minutes, while on the phone with your mom, and helping with homework. Tis the season of multi tasking and let’s put dinner on the completed list.
This slow cooker thai chicken checks all the boxes. Stupid easy for sure and yet it tastes anything but. I served my bowl up on top of cauliflower rice to keep things nice and slim. Brown rice for the boys. Cilantro and chopped up peanuts for all.
- 2lbs, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice (I used the zest too)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- brown rice or lettuce for wraps or cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup Cilantro, diced (as a topping)
- 1/4 chopped up peanuts (as a another topping)
- Place peppers and onion at the bottom of the crockpot. This will act as a "stand" for the chicken, so it doesn't dry out. (Genius). Next place chicken on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, lime juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, and honey. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or 6 on LOW. When 15 minutes remain of cooking time, shred chicken with two forks. Cover and continue cooking for the remainder of the time. Serve over rice, or use in lettuce wraps.
- Top with peanuts, and if you like, cilantro!
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017
- Chicken Brunswick Stew - December 12, 2017