Listen, Restoration Hardware. You know I love you. You know I’ll spend good money at your perfectly balanced rustic meets glam store. And yet something stopped me awhile back.
The inner music nerd in me totally fell in love.
But… really? $199 a piece? I needed six for my mantel. That would set me back a steep $1200+ for framed sheets of music. Not cool.
Then I had a thought: I could totally make these. And by me I mean M.
Did I mention I have a pretty hands on crafty husband? I mean, you’d never know it with his current gig, but this guy has distressed a few dressers and glammed up a bar cart in his time. I had no doubt he could take this project head on.
I had the plan. I’m great at the idea – sourcing the music, frames, materials. He just has the patience I tend to, well, lack in order to execute.
So, what do you think?
2. Take off plastic from frame and rub on rub’buff until desired antiqued gold effect is reached.
3. Let dry.
4. Complete project by framing vintage music with glass, mat, and frame.
Total cost for the entire (6 piece) project? $75.00. Take that, Restoration Hardware.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017