Earlier this week I was blessed not only to have a dinner made for me, but to have it made for me right in my kitchen! My youngest sister Talia, who you’ve met here, joined us for dinner with her adorable new boyfriend Dustin. They came armed with two full Trader Joes bags of deliciousness, including home grown vegetables from Dustin’s garden. Wow, I felt spoiled!
Talia knows her way around a kitchen. I barely blinked and she had everything going and I began to feel more in the way than actually helpful. She came armed to make her specialty – black bean burgers served over a crisp salad full of veggies and topped with peach salsa as the dressing. YUM.
We feasted on her perfect dinner out on the patio while enjoying Dave Matthews Band music, the 75 degree weather, and of course, the boys. You aren’t introduced properly to the family until you have to wrestle with L. Well done Dustin, well done.
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 TBS chopped garlic
- 2, 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 TBS freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 TBS freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, less if you aren't into a lot of spice
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- In a food processors, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped. Add 1 can black beans, cilantro, parsley, egg, and red pepper flakes. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add the remaining can of black beans and the bread crumbs. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Heat a dash of olive oil on a grill or saute pan to medium heat. Divide your mixture into 4 patties and cook in the pan about 6 minutes a side or until heated through.
- Serve on buns, or over a salad topped with peach salsa.
Thank you, Tal!
P.S. How cute are they?