Summer PEACHES! My goodness, is anyone as obsessed as I am? I’ve been eating them for breakfast, grilling for on top of salads and pizzas, and now it’s time for peach in dessert format.
I love the concept of this peach crumb cake. Throw everything in a 9×13 and you’re good to go. Baking can, at times, get complicated but it’s summer so let’s keep things way low key and comforting and warm and ooeey gooey good. That’s where this recipe comes in. Slice, dump, bake, and you’re golden. Add a little vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce to the top and you’ll have your friends and family pledging their summer love forever.
I was lucky enough to steal a quick hour home….alone….to bake this. WHAT HOW WHEN WHY that never happens in the summer. Yep, all alone. Well except for my contractor. Ok, ok. I am never quite alone.
And yet it was glorious. Blasted the music I wanted to hear (there may have been some Jay Z going on), I got the cinnamon out, and went to work slicing up peaches and getting them all warm and smelling delicious in the oven. The best part? This came together so easily and quickly that I….wait for it….actually got to sit down and eat lunch. That is until two minutes later and the boys poured in through the doorway demanding to know what smells so good.
Ah, yes. This mama’s still got it.
- 6 to 8 ripe peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (18.25 oz) Betty Crocker SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Ice cream for topping, I bought Ben & Jerrys salted caramel core
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peaches, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon until well blended. Spread peach mixture in prepared baking dish. Mixture will be very wet, don't worry. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top of the batter. (Do not prepare cake batter at all).
- If adding sliced almonds, sprinkle them over the top of the dry cake mix. Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix. Bake 50 minutes and let cool slightly.
- Top with ice cream and caramel sauce as desired.