It often occurs to me that I’m a lucky guy. I have a beautiful wife and two awesome boys, great friends, a good job, and a house in a neighborhood I love. And, to put it over the top, my wife’s a food blogger!
Being married to a food blogger has its advantages…and disadvantages – oh wait, she’s reading this – mostly advantages. We’ll start with the positives.
Top 11 Reasons I’m Lucky My Wife’s a Food Blogger
11. There are always homemade baked goods on the counter for dessert
10. Home-cooked dinners AT LEAST 6 days a week (assuming I’m home for dinner)
9. That chicken dish with the chunks of bread…mmmm
8. Flexible hours/work from home
7. I’m getting educated on social media (e.g. up to over 100 likes on Facebook??)
6. I enjoy the good wine she pairs with her meals (and so does she)
5. SHE actually suggested that I spend $800 on a grill (the Big Green Egg)
4. Tasty football snacks take the sting out of disappointing Bears losses
3. She’s the best entertainer
2. I get to read it
1. It makes her happy!
Top 10 Reasons I Wish She Wasn’t a Food Blogger (see, told you there were more advantages)
10. There is a (sometimes long) photo shoot pretty much before we get to consume any meal.
9. There are always homemade baked goods on the counter for dessert
8. Her meals are so good that eating out is a sacrifice
7. The pay’s not that great, for the time she puts in.
6. In the spring, I need to plant an herb garden (and maintain it all summer)
5. Web hosting invoices
4. She spends a lot of time on her iPad and iPhone
3. She needs internet access on vacation
2. She wants/needs an expensive laptop (Apple should really give me a bulk discount)
1. My waistline (and tailoring budget)
In all honesty, I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
Thank you for feeding me so well.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017