Talk about elevating something so simple.
Chicken dipped in flour, egg, and parmesan seasoned panko bread crumbs. Sautéed away to golden perfection and topped with chunks of beautiful heirloom tomatoes and fresh arugula.
These chicken nuggets major win for the kids and grown ups. Everyone’s happy.
- -chicken cutlets
- -flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- -2 eggs, whisked
- -panko bread crumbs, I seasoned with fresh parmesan
- -olive oil
- -heirloom tomatoes
- -bunch of arugula
- Set up your coating station. A plate with the flour, bowl with the eggs, and plate with the panko bread crumbs.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip and egg and pressed both sides into the bread crumbs.
- Get a large sauté pan or skillet going over medium highish heat with a few glugs of olive oil. Cook chicken on both sides for roughly 3-4 minutes. I typically do two chicken cutlets at a time.
- Replenish olive oil if necessary in between chicken pieces. I keep mine warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- Top with tomatoes and arugula!