Is everyone else drooling as much as I am lately? The produce. It’s like baskets and buckets of brightly colored jewels everywhere. If you’re like me you end up buying it all because IT’S JUST SO PRETTY and then your fridge and counter is full of more than you could ever imagine actually using.
I tend to do that in June. Get a little overexcited at the market. I quickly knew a recipe had to be prepared to not waste one tiny bit.
Enter the Farmers Market pasta salad.
It can be anything you want it to be.
Any fresh herbs (I used cilantro) and fresh cheeses (I used feta). You can throw fried up bacon, pancetta, or salami in there. Or not. (I did because, well, it’s fried salami).
And the veggies are totally your call. I went with a rainbow theme starting with juicy cherry tomatoes, orange pepper, grilled yellow corn, green cucumber, purple onion. Only thing missing was blue. Any ideas for me?
I set this all on top of some daring bowtie pasta and whipped together a simple vinaigrette of olive oil, dijon, shallots, and lemon. Drizzled on top, into the fridge the whole thing went to chill and marinade until it was BBQ time.
My goodness do I love summer.
- 1 lbs bow tie pasta, cooked
- couple slices of bacon, salami, or pancetta fried until crispy in a bit of evoo
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 2 ears fresh corn, grilled, and cut off the cob
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful of cheese, I used feta
- few springs of fresh herbs - cilantro or basil work great
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 TBS dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup evoo
- For the pasta salad, layer cooked pasta in a bow and top with all your chopped veggies, cheese, and meat if using. Top with fresh herbs.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle on top. Chill in the fridge for a few hours to let set and marinade.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017