So we all know I’m used to living in boy world. I’ve got M, I’ve got L, I’ve got B. There are a lot of wrestling matches, baseball bats, mud, sticks, and bugs in my world.
But now I also am living in construction world. And construction world is very parallel to boy world. Lots of rocks, dirt, mud, noise, and of course the construction crew. Yep, most days its just me and the guys in the ol’ Cape Cod. All eight of them.
It seems oh so fitting to indulge in a super manly man recipe considering what is going down around here. Italian beef in the crock pot could not sound (or smell) better. Super easy to throw together, this is absolute perfect recipe to satisfy all men currently in my life. M had two. B inhaled it. And there were enough leftovers to feed the construction crew the next day because, well, you should be nice to the guys building your dream home.
And these Italian beef sandwiches are nice. Very very nice.
- 3lb chuck roast, trimmed of visible fat and cut into large hunks (have your butcher do)
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 8oz pepperoncini pepper slices + splash of juice (plus extra for serving)
- 8oz Giardiniera (Chicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix,) drained (plus extra for serving)
- 14.5oz can beef stock
- provolone cheese slices
- hoagie buns
- Place chuck roast into the bottom of a 5.5 - 6 quart crock pot then sprinkle with salad dressing mix. Add pepperoncini peppers plus a splash of juice, Giardiniera, and beef broth then lift up chuck roast pieces to get broth underneath. Place a lid on top then cook on low for 7 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Shred then place meat back into crock pot and cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Split buns in half then scoop the shredded meat mixture on top and add provolone cheese slices. Top with additional pepperoncini peppers and Giardiniera, if desired, then serve.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Sometimes being the only chick has its perks…..less drama, you are guaranteed to look the best!
I just interviewed at a place where I would be the sole woman in a sea of men, and well, it felt rather.,.empowering!
Do you, boo
Tia @ HoPo recently posted…Green thumb
I don’t think there is a better sandwich out there Courtney – except if you add Italian sausage and make it a combo! 😀
Biz recently posted…Reuben Baked Potatoes
Genius. I’m trying this out tonight Biz! 🙂
This looks amazing, my hubby would love this for sure! Pinning this definitely! Thanks for sharing –Romany
Romany recently posted…Best Ever Spaghetti Bolognese
That sandwich looks great! Thanks for sharing at Idea Box!
Danielle recently posted…Idea Box [#9]
Yummmmy! It looks great!! 🙂 Love the flavors!! Saying hello from the creativity unleashed link party!
This looks and sounds amazing! Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We’d love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/05/07/home-matters-linky-party-36/ 🙂
Life With Lorelai
Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai recently posted…Home Matters Linky Party #36
This is my kind of dinner! So delicious! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Karly recently posted…Horseradish Egg Salad Bagels