Look – we are all busy. Whether it’s 1 kid, 4 kids, working in the office – air – or home, it’s rare I meet someone in my stage of like that says, ‘huh, actually I’m quite bored.’ Actually let me rephrase that – I’ve never heard that sentence uttered aside from my 7 year old 10 minutes after a playdate has left.
So, even playing field here, right? We are all looking for time saving tips and this baked lemon chicken and veggies recipe is just that. Minimal ingredients and effort – you throw it all in one dish (love!) and roast away for 45 minutes. Just enough time for a glass of wine, homework, and baths if you’re lucky.
Just make sure to give yourself the time to sit and enjoy because it’s really good. As soon as you’re done you can be back to your busy self. (Or bed, if you’re like me).
- 2 lemons
- 4 TBS olive oil + more for greasing dish
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 2 handfuls green beans, washed and trimmed
- 10 red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking dish with olive oil. Thinly slice 1 lemon and place along the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, juice of 1 lemon, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Toss green beans in marinade and then remove and place on top of lemons in the dish. Repeat with potatoes - toss, remove, and then place on top of the green beans. Last up is your chicken - toss to coat and place on top of the green beans. Pour any extra marinade you have over the chicken.
- Roast away for 45 minutes.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- C’s picks – week of December 17th - December 17, 2017
- Moms in Focus: Meet Anne! - December 15, 2017
- Gift guide: For the sister that makes you laugh out loud with her texts - December 13, 2017