Look – we are all busy. Whether it’s 1 kid, 4 kids, working in the office – air – or home, it’s rare I meet someone in my stage of like that says, ‘huh, actually I’m quite bored.’ Actually let me rephrase that – I’ve never heard that sentence uttered aside from my 7 year old 10 minutes after a playdate has left.
So, even playing field here, right? We are all looking for time saving tips and this baked lemon chicken and veggies recipe is just that. Minimal ingredients and effort – you throw it all in one dish (love!) and roast away for 45 minutes. Just enough time for a glass of wine, homework, and baths if you’re lucky.
Just make sure to give yourself the time to sit and enjoy because it’s really good. As soon as you’re done you can be back to your busy self. (Or bed, if you’re like me).
- 2 lemons
- 4 TBS olive oil + more for greasing dish
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 2 handfuls green beans, washed and trimmed
- 10 red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking dish with olive oil. Thinly slice 1 lemon and place along the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, juice of 1 lemon, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Toss green beans in marinade and then remove and place on top of lemons in the dish. Repeat with potatoes - toss, remove, and then place on top of the green beans. Last up is your chicken - toss to coat and place on top of the green beans. Pour any extra marinade you have over the chicken.
- Roast away for 45 minutes.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Mmm lemon, herb and garlic is one of my favorite chicken combinations! Looks great!
Christine recently posted…Comfort Lunch
So easy! All prepped and putting in oven after my workout class. Can’t wait! My roommate was telling me about Greek yogurt chicken – have you ever done that C?
Oh so glad to hear – I hope you like it, we gobbled it up! Greek yogurt chicken…..? I’m intrigued. I’ve done one on the grill but not baked….?
Made this tonight and loves it! Thanks Courtney!
Jenny….! HI! Always get so excited to see your name. So glad you enjoyed xoxox!
Yum, will put this on the menu for this thursday, really appreciate easy recipes, as you said we are all busy, doesn’t help to have two boys in hockey, please continue to send easy ones like this!
I’ve done a similar recipe and it was so tasty! My one issue was that the veggies cooked faster than the chicken and potatoes…
Lisa recently posted…Strike a Pose
You know – I was thinking that would happen but the green beans were surprisingly tasty – I suppose you could always do a thicker green veggie, like asparagus!
Good to find the chicken recipe with lemon and veggies. I’m going to add this recipe to my list to try this weekend.
Rohan Singh recently posted…11 Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in the Morning Daily