It’s been too long since I’ve written. That’s a culmination of a few things. 1. I was a hair tired from the Sunday extravaganza and pretty much just needed a day to focus on the brilliance of a fully checked off to do list and 2. My internet has been down in my home for 3 days straight. Nothing makes me crankier and even as I write this I’m writing in a draft format completely unconnected to my blog and it’s bothering me. Comcast is on their way (hooray!) so hopefully this can go up tonight. And lastly 3. My back needed a slight break from all the cooking. Those 30 year old bones are creeping up on me.
Well, L’s party was a success. And I judge that by two things. 1. L’s face during the party (completely enthralled) and 2. The lack of leftovers.
Ok I’ll admit one of the reason I always go a bit overboard with the food is to enjoy the leftovers for a day (or two) after the event. The big pot of black bean soup that was bubbling away all day, well, I dreamed of having a warm bowl at work for lunch the next day and an easy prep for dinner that night – just heat it up. That didn’t happen. There was *maybe* enough for one bowl and I saved that for M as he didn’t get any at the party.
Another thing that was going faster than I could keep up with was the ‘fall salad.’ This one is a make again. Perfect for the season and I had about 5 requests during the party for the recipe so I knew it had to go up – asap!
So, enjoy pictures from the ‘Wild Rompus’ as well as the perfect salad to carry you through November.
- 1 bag of mixed greens
- 1 bag of arugula
- handful cranberries
- handful almonds - I found cinnamon roasted ones from Caputos that were out of this world
- 2 cups of roasted butternut squash - TJ's sells it all ready cut into chunks so just dice it up, toss with olive oil, salt & pepper and roast @ 425 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes
- To make your vinaigrette whisk together 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup of olive oil, generous amount of salt and pepper and a palmful of snipped chives.
- Toss everything together right before serving.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
I have been WAITING to hear how the party went! It looks like it was a smashing success!!
Oh my gosh Court!!! What an AMAZING party!!! A BEAUTIFUL hostess, fabulous food, great company and a ROCK STAR five year old who we adore!!! Such a WONDERFUL time and a PERFECT party! Thank you for making us part of your family!!! xxoo