Oh my heavens YUM.
Sometimes it’s really about the easiest things, am I right? With the kids (okay, mom) constantly seeming to want a ‘treat’ after almost every meal, I knew a solution had to be made that didn’t involve shelling out peanut butter cups or m&m’s post breakfast.
Enter these dark chocolate power bites.
We all know good deep dark chocolate is good for you, right? Something about antioxidants. Well, these tiny one ounce disks provides just enough melty deliciousness to satisfy any sweet tooth, all the while packing in a good for you punch with, well, anything you really want. We are having a cherry moment in our home so I went with chopped up dried cherries, pepitas, sliced almonds, and chunked up mango all sprinkled with ….. wait for it …… whole wheat flax seed and sea salt.
The kids loved them. Loved them. And it’s summer here, so there are a lot of kids to test these out on. So far I’ve got five (melty) thumbs up.
We had them post lunch and pre baseball for a little pick us up to get us through another night game. And ok, ok, I had another when upon arriving home with a glass of wine. Heaven.
- Bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Toppings of your choice: we used dried cherries, dried mango, pepitas, sliced almonds, flax seed and sea salt. I really recommend this combo!
- Drop 'disks' of melted chocolate by the TBS onto parchment paper. Sprinkle on toppings and slide into the fridge to cool (15 minutes or so).
- Once cool enough, I moved them into a container and stored in the freezer.
If you liked this post, check these out!
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Roasted Bruschetta Salmon - August 30, 2018
- Four hour Bolognese - August 28, 2018
- Summer sandwiches - July 25, 2018
Um, those look insulin worthy Courtney! 😀
Biz recently posted…Rest Day
I love the addition of flax – that makes them so much more justifiable than regular chocolate! Definitely breakfast-worthy. Yum!
How am I JUST NOW seeing these? They look fab.
Thanks Michele! 🙂
Dark chocolate are loaded with benefits, adding them to diet is good idea as long as it is gentle. I’ll get these for my little cousins so they can enjoy it :). I’ll also eat some.
Rohan Singh recently posted…Is there Gluten in Chocolate Bars?